Looking for the best of the best in countertops? Consumers Digest magazine has recently awarded Cambria with a “Best Buy” certificate as the premium selection in the Stone and Solid Surface Countertop category. This award recognizes a product that has exceptional value in today’s competitive marketplace. Having 20 more colors and patterns than any other quartz countertop brand, Cambria consistently provides customers with exceptional quality and the ideal price.
It’s no secret that old, unattractive kitchens and bathrooms can be the deal breaker for potential home buyers and it is clear in the real estate business that a modern kitchen is the one feature above all others that could increase the resale value of the home by thousands of dollars. The Nationwide Building Society states that a new kitchen can increase the value of your home by 4%.
Once your client makes the decision to begin the remodeling process, let them know that kitchen upgrades typically return between 90% and 105% of the amount invested in terms of a home’s resale value; and can also provide a nicer place to live for the current owners.
Countertop surfaces are the part of a kitchen that can take a real beating over the years; for that reason, making the choice to re-do the countertops can revamp the entire look of a room. The task of choosing the right fabrication and color for this major investment may be a bit daunting at first, but achieving a balance of fashion and function is actually a lot easier than it seems.
FORTUNE Names DuPont Among Top 50 “Most Admired Companies” in the World Posted on March 4, 2010 by DuPont (www.dupont.com)
FORTUNE magazine named DuPont among the 50 “Most Admired Companies” in the world for 2010. FORTUNE cited the company for its innovation, financial soundness, people management and social responsibility where DuPont ranked no. 1 in each of the categories within its industry. Overall, DuPont moved up three spots from last year to no. 49 in 2010.
FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list is widely considered among the leading indicators on corporate reputations. FORTUNE surveyed 1,400 companies around the world: the FORTUNE 1,000, non-U.S. companies in FORTUNE’s Global 500 database with revenue of more than $10 billion and the top foreign companies operating in the United States.
To continue reading this press release, please click here
Granite counter tops are considered among the best for their natural beauty and lasting durability. Taking care of them correctly can extend the lifespan of their appearance for years. We’ve provided you with a few simple steps to make the most of your granite countertops:
1. Avoid dropping heavy items on them. Although granite is incredibly strong, it can be chipped and even broken.
2. Don’t stand on them. It is simply not a good idea to stand directly on the overhangs in particular. These can break and chip if weight is too much.
3. Avoid placing hot pots on them. While it is almost impossible to burn or melt granite counter tops, the sealer can be damaged when this is done.
4. Wipe up daily. Use a soft rag and mild cleanser or stone soap on a daily basis to clean and wipe down the counters. This will just help keep surface dirt and dust away and keep the counters looking great.
5. Seal it. These counters are normally sealed at the time of installation, but consider reapplying it every few years. This will help protect the appearance over the long haul. If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, professionals can be hired.